Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet Life bullet The Arts Or Is It The Rats?
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
The Arts Or Is It The Rats?

Article Bot ( 64 ) · Group: Site Bots · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 6, 2006 at 10:16 AM

spacer

The Arts, love them or hate them they are a part of our lives. Silvertongedevil steps out to sift through old books, ballet dancers tights and mouldy greasepaint to find out if they're arts, or the rats arse.

Discuss the full article - The Arts or is it the Rats? by silvertongedevil below...

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 6, 2006 at 10:18 AM

spacer

A fairly spot on assessment in my view. Especially agree with your view of the Turner prize. Why, I created the perfect entry in my toilet bowl only yesterday when I was violently ill!

As for local councils - it's true, very rarely in a high-up position will you find someone who's actually got a background in the job they're in.

Things like Education executive, Engineering head and so on have to have qualified people at the top (at least in the Council I work for ), but Arts is one of those grey areas where you can just say something like "I wondered lonely as a cloud..." and get the job, so long as you lay off the drugs.

That's right kids, Wordsworth was almost certainly high as a kite when he penned that one.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 01:01 PM

spacer

Good stuff, I was actually in the Louvre over the weekend and saw the Mona Lisa for the 1st time and I didnt believe for a second it was the real thing. Why on gods earth would you show the original when you can show a nice safe copy and no-one will know the difference. You would obviously prefer to have the real thing locked up quite safely!!

(especially in case George Clooney and Brad Pitt try to steal it)

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 01:36 PM

spacer

Only been to Paris once, and I could have spent the entire week in the Louvre. Top shit.

The room with the Mona Lisa had several notices saying no flash photography (like most of the rest of the building), but no one took any notice.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 06:05 PM

spacer

A friend of mine (who is an armourer of all things) was asked to help the Tower Armouries when they moved to Leeds. He told me about all the treasures they have that no one ever sees, the fact that all the stuff on show is the rubbish of the collection and that the Black Princes helm is a Victorian copy. I expect to be ripped off by Tesco but not a museum.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 06:25 PM

spacer

FullAuto: The room with the Mona Lisa had several notices saying no flash photography (like most of the rest of the building), but no one took any notice.

Exactly, if it was the real thing they would be enforcing the "no flash photography" rule with a big fucking stick

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

47 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles