Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Games bullet Criticise Resident Evil 4 And Die!
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Criticise Resident Evil 4 And Die!

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 11, 2006 at 06:48 PM

spacer

On the RE4 boards over on IMDb, I offered my opnion as to the plot of the game. I thought it was weak, incredibly cliched, with poor dialogue, character development and contained few surprises. Generally shit. I was one of a few to mention this. In rebuttal:

Oh umm. I bet you weren't expecting a parasite.. You probably thought they were "smart zombies" or just mean spanish people..(that might be a twist). Complexed, well ohh, for you not to understand it, yeah I bet it is too complexed.. I mean come on, you're not absorbing any of the plot background that the creaters of the game thought was OBVIOUS... OK, maybe you might wonder what the heck I'm talking about. And when I say it was too complexed, I mean, not for myself, just for you people. I understood what went on, and what went on that wasn't even given in the game.

I mean, come on... The other Resident Evil games were just random events... Seriously... Good story plot, but random events... A zombie can't really plan how to kill ya. But a Ganados can, that's the difference. For instance, Resident Evil 4 is realistic, if I was Leon, I would do the exact...SAME...THING... In Every other Resident Evil game, DANG IF I SAW A ZOMBIE, I'D ABORT THE MISSION, OR HIDE IN THE ROOM THE WHOLE TIME... Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be a good game, if you didn't actually have to do anything...

But the other resident evil games were unrealistic in human nature.. And Leon was actually trying to do his thing and escape, where as, in every other RE Game, the character had to do their thing, and do some more things, then something bad happens to make it scary, then the character does something else unnecessary, then now that they possible cant escape, they now try to escape, and somehow find a way to do so..... OK... Um, yeah, I beat every single Resident Evil game and loved them all, and I still do..

But COME ON, if Resident Evil 4 is to "empty" for you, then I'll give you an example.. If you do sit-ups or lift weights wrong way, it will be very simple. The same thing that goes to Resident Evil 4, if you don't understand the storyline complexity, but rather look at the simplisity, than you do the math.. You're not going to get a Resident Evil "Work Out"... Shoot, if you put this Leon into RE2, with the same controls, you could beat the game in 45 minutes. If you put the Leon in RE2 into RE4 with the same controls, you couldn't pass the first level. What I think is, that you people think that the control simplisity has somehow "Made the story plot worst and somewhat cliche like"... But let me tell you this, everybody I know who likes RE4, hates the other games. Do you want to know why? Because the gameplay sucks, and they'd rather watch Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later..

Meanwhile, Resident Evil 4 is probably more enjoyable than watching a movie, and the other Resident Evil games are less enjoyable than having the flue. Be HONEST people, the ONLY REASON why you can't wait for the CUT-SCENES and learn about the plot IS BECAUSE, THE GAME PLAY SUCKS... Meanwhile in RE4, the GAMEPLAY IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE CUTSCENES, THEREFOR YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT LEARNING ABOUT THE PLOT, A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST SKIP OVER THE PLOT BECAUSE THE GAMEPLAY IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE CUTSCENES, LIKE I JUST SAID... If RE had the same game play and graphics as RE4, then you'd lose sight of what the plot is, because you'd skip over the cutscenes, skip documents and just play the game because it's fun.

THAT IS THE REASON. THERE'S HOLES IN THE RE4 PLOT, BECAUSE THEY'RE LITERALLY HOLES... I MEAN, SKIPPING CUTSCENES, WHICH I KNOW YOU PEOPLE DO, IS CREATING MENTAL PLOT HOLES, AND YOU CAN disagree and argue as much as you like, but I watch DR. PHIL BABY.. I know. Peace out, I wont check your responses..

Paragraphs added by me, to saveyour eyes.

Why do I bother? My favourite part is, by far:

SKIPPING CUTSCENES, WHICH I KNOW YOU PEOPLE DO, IS CREATING MENTAL PLOT HOLES

Because I sort-of know what he's trying to say, but it's so poorly worded and flecked with rabid foam, I can't quite compose a decent response. I mean, Jesus Christ, what are you supposed to do with these people?

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

72 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles