Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Films bullet Hostel
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Hostel

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 27, 2006 at 02:26 AM

spacer

Snuff-type tales are still a fad, it seems. Don't think much of this, to be honest. Cabin Fever was a good laugh, but Hostel doesn't have the same sense of humour.

And Christ, am I tired of seeing films starring American teens.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 27, 2006 at 08:47 PM

spacer

Cabin Fever amused me in parts I'll admit. I must say (whilst spoiling the ending completely) that I didn't expect everyone to die though, but then again that's probably because prior to this the two most horrifying films I'd seen were Event Horizon and Alien, where at least one person lives.

You do, unless it's done well or for a good reason, occasionally feel it's slightly pointless in films when everyone dies. What was that shit film with the two divers in the water and they both die at the end? I sure wish I could get those two hours of my life back just to get on a very fast plane and bitch-slap the writer and director until they admit it was shit. Failing that, I'll just settle for head-butting Johnny Vaughn for saying something like "Gripping! A Must see! Five Stars!" on the front,though that should have rung some alarm bells on it's own.

Anyway... slight tangent there...

Sorry mate, hijacked your thread to vent my anger at unrelated films. Still, you're a good general indicator for which films to avoid renting on DVD

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 27, 2006 at 09:15 PM

spacer

Open Water? I didn't think much of that, though I'm not opposed to everyone dying. It was just a bit...bleh.

Hostel was alright, and I think when Roth stops trying to film things he wanted to happen to him when he was a teen he'll be a better director, but I wouldn't buy it on DVD or anything. Cheap rental, yes.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

83 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles