Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet DVDs bullet Dvd Rws?
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Dvd Rws?

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 30, 2006 at 07:54 PM

spacer

Anybody burn DVDs on a regular basis? What brand of DVDRWs do you use? No cheap DVDRs please.

Thanks to my Bubba Ho-Tep disc disintegrating, I've been forced into the sordid world of ripping DVDs.

*SOB*

Any to avoid? The best to use? Answers on a postcard, or alternatively, just post in this topic.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 30, 2006 at 10:04 PM

spacer

Jeez, you must have watched that fine film a fair few times then, or you've got a beast of a DVD player

Alas I have no knowledge in this, the realm of backing-up-films-to-avoid-disintegration

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 31, 2006 at 12:06 AM

spacer

The centre of the disc is cracking and breaking off in flakes, basically. I think it's more to do with the case, and it's shitness, damaging the DVD every time it's taken out and put back in.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 7, 2006 at 08:41 AM

spacer

I weepeth mightily.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/FullAuto_2006/Bubbadestroyed.jpg

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 8, 2006 at 07:18 PM

spacer

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Err... you don't happen to have the receipt do you?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 9, 2006 at 12:28 AM

spacer

I do, as a matter of fact, but I bought it when it first came out. More than a year ago. :-(

Still, it's on my HD now.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 3, 2006 at 10:18 AM

spacer

Just to go way off topic here: has anyone ever had any resistance when trying to introduce BHT? I know I've offered to let some friends borrow it, and so many turned it down I just stopped telling people about and resorted to pushing it on them in silence.

"What's it about?"

"Elvis and JFK fight an ancient mummy in an old people's home."

"Don't take the piss."

"No, honestly. And JFK is black."

"Oh, fuck off."

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 9, 2006 at 02:31 PM

spacer

I think it'd be easier if they like Evil Dead (1, 2 or 3 take your pick) as they'll know the genius that is Bruce Campbell and that impressive jaw-line.

Perhaps add that "Ash off Evil Dead plays Elvis"? Might do the trick.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 13, 2006 at 12:11 AM

spacer

Sounds like a paln. In future I shall make sure to mention The Bruce.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

73 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles