Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Life bullet Where Are You In The Scheme Of Things?
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Where Are You In The Scheme Of Things?

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 09:48 PM

spacer

I think someone got their maths wrong here.

http://www.chan...eter/index.html

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 10:06 PM

spacer

Not if you know how dirt fucking poor the majority of the world's population is.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 10:08 PM

spacer

I just looked at the UK, I mean I'm self employed and I don't make loads of greenbacks but according to that load of bollocks I should be a dictator or somethin'.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM

spacer

I don't know about that bit. Their numbers seem a little off for that.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 11:23 AM

spacer

Ok boys, if you look at how they work the figures out, I think you may find a bit of cock-up! I am conisdered as one of the top 25% of earners which I really AM NOT!! FA and STD, See what statisitcs can do?

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 11:26 AM

spacer

Wow! I'm in the 23.45% richest in the UK and the 8.6% richest in the world.

The second figure is quite believeable for reasons that FullAuto mentiones earlier, but the first figure? Did they count people on the dole as earners or something? Fucking bin men get paid more than me (although I will admit that they get paid rather well nowadays!)

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 11:29 AM

spacer

Bin men get about £8 an hour, don't they? Mind you, I can understand why.

Perhaps all the toffs have buggered off and got themselves citizenship in Monaco or something...

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 12:32 PM

spacer

Yeah I had at look at what Lady C said and it's the way they work it out but as they are trying to point out high poverty levels I guess that's the result they want.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 12:44 PM

spacer

As this is a site based on the worldwide figures with a sub section for the UK, I think that the figures are biased towards showing the amount of people worldwide are below the poverty line, the translation to the UK is definitely flawed, or perhaps FA is right, I know around 1,000 people per week are heading to France, perhaps that's only the tip of the iceberg!! Did anyone hear about Monaco's sea level getting higher? Or perhaps it's the weight of all the affluent (or is it effluent) moving in???

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 07:40 PM

spacer

The UK one seems to count every individual who lives in the UK, regardless of whether that individual is supposed to be the breadwinner of the house. It even includes children who are too young to work.

It is not a good indicatior how how your personal income fares against the national average.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 07:53 PM

spacer

Well I'm off down the pub to tell those underpaid, overworked bastards that I'm one of the wealthiest people in the country, as long as I can blag £20 off the girlfriend that is.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 17, 2006 at 07:54 PM

spacer

Shit, I hit the button twice....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 28, 2006 at 08:45 AM

spacer

You are in the 50.86% richest people in the UK.
There are 29,399,364 people richer than you.
There are 28,400,636 people poorer than you.

Well im glad i wasted those precious seconds on that!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

43 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles