Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Games bullet Nintendo Ds Download Stands
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3
Nintendo Ds Download Stands

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 1, 2006 at 05:23 PM

spacer

Sort of nice little review of the download stands here.

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 1, 2006 at 06:20 PM

spacer

I'm dubious about how widespread they will be, but they sound good.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 1, 2006 at 11:23 PM

spacer

Agreed. Interesting concept, but in little Norway at least there's just not enough people to warrant something like this most places. Still, if it was updated often, it would be nice.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 01:48 PM

spacer

I think a few games companies are coming to realise Europe is actually a viable market, and they don't have to restrict their stuff to just Asia and North America, so hopefully Nintendo will go nuts with these download stations and really make the most of the DS's wi-fi connectivity. I can't see the cost of running them being particularly high, so fingers crossed...

I hope they also consider using them as wi-fi gaming hotspots, where you can go to meet other players.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 01:55 PM

spacer

FullAuto: I hope they also consider using them as wi-fi gaming hotspots, where you can go to meet other players.

Yeah, that would be very neat! I still haven't tried it in multiplayer. So few games can be played online... Did you test the online play yet?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 03:59 PM

spacer

I don't know, I've seen quite a few multiplayer games, but I may just be concentrating my attention upon the multiplayer ones.

I haven't got online with my DS yet (I may or may not at this stage, I'm not sure, online gaming isn't really my thing) but I got a chance to have a crack on Mario Kart DS online, and that was actually a lot of fun. I only played for a few races, but everyone seemed quite amiable and there was no 'STFU NOOB' nonsense that you sometimes get. Connecting was fairly quick and hassle free.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 04:28 PM

spacer

The reason for the amiability is probably because there's no violence involved.

Besides, the hostile conversation would go something like "You ruined my chances you cheating bastard plumber!" followed quickly by "Look who's talking Mushroom".

You just couldn't do serious arguments in that particular gaming world

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 05:00 PM

spacer

I don't know, any for of competition ends up being grounds for abuse, wherever it takes place, but things did seem a little more relaxed, yes.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 09:55 PM

spacer

FullAuto: I don't know, I've seen quite a few multiplayer games, but I may just be concentrating my attention upon the multiplayer ones.

I thought only the games listed here could be played online? I know there are several multiplayer games, but not online...

@Pete: What rock did you hide under lately?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 10:12 PM

spacer

Ah, right online! I thought you just meant multiplayer full stop. Aye, there's not many online games at the moment, but I imagine Nintendo will be wanting to make the most of that, so expect a fair few more titles to come.

Noticed that the wifi gaming straight to other DS's doesn't always require that they have the same game, either. Played a game of Advance Wars: DS Combat against a friend, was quite fun, whereas in single player it's a bit shallow.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 3, 2006 at 01:22 AM

spacer

FullAuto: Ah, right online! I thought you just meant multiplayer full stop. Aye, there's not many online games at the moment, but I imagine Nintendo will be wanting to make the most of that, so expect a fair few more titles to come.

Noticed that the wifi gaming straight to other DS's doesn't always require that they have the same game, either. Played a game of Advance Wars: DS Combat against a friend, was quite fun, whereas in single player it's a bit shallow.

Yeah, I imagine they will launch more online titles in the time to come as well. After all, the Opera web browser has been announced for the DS. That seems to confirm that they're putting a stronger focus on the online capabilities of the little bugger now

And yeah, I noticed that several games can be played in multiplayer without owning the game. Only problem I have is that I know no one else that owns a DS where I live

I noticed that the DS Lite did well on it's launch by the way.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 3, 2006 at 01:46 AM

spacer

I didn't think it would do that well actually, it being released so soon after the DS, but I was wrong.

The DS is also still outselling the PSP last I heard, by 4 to 1 or so. Something like 14 million DS's in the hands of gamers worldwide, which is very impressive sales.

I only know one or two other people who own one, though I've seen a few more around.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 11:24 PM

spacer

Useful?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 7, 2006 at 02:11 AM

spacer

I knew the DS was fairly open to homebrew stuff, I read an article about it months ago, but Jesus H. Crumpet! I can safely say I was expecting NOTHING like that.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 7, 2006 at 11:03 PM

spacer

Indeed

More good news

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

142 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles