Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Pet Hates
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 2 of 7 ): 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · · 7
Pet Hates

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 14, 2006 at 08:42 PM

spacer

It'a a wonder they don't break into your car and pinch the coins in the 'handy coin holder' to prevent a breech of security by paying for a ticket on your behalf!!

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 14, 2006 at 10:00 PM

spacer

Considering how British soldiers are badly paid and equipped, I suspect they wouldn't leave any change.

Another thing that annoys me is all the roadworks you get in March. We're nearing the end of the financial year, so councils are getting desperate to spend all the money in their budget on unnecessary roadworks and redecorations of public buildings.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 07:06 AM

spacer

AT, British troops are some of the best paid and equipped in the entire world.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 12:11 PM

spacer

FullAuto:

If they are the best equiped how come their radios didn't work when they arrived in Iraq? The Yanks had to lend them radios - how embarrasing. It's not the first time either, they do not learn from history. In WWII Operation Market the British radios wouldn't work and it cost many lives.

As to their pay, it's about average from what I have been told.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 12:20 PM

spacer

Their pay is considereably less than average once you allow for the fact that they often end up buying equipment out of their own money because the official issue equipment is so rubbish.

During the recent invasion of Iraq, British soldiers 'liberated' a warehouse full of Iraqi army desert boots because of the poor quality of British army desert boots.

Another thing that annoys me is that both of Britain's gritting lorries go in for a service whenever we have snow. It's amazing how a couple of inches of snow will bring the country to a standstill...

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 12:28 PM

spacer

I think we have to change your name to Angry Troll - and where's your avitar? With that name there must be something good for you.

It was a serving infantry man that said the wages were average so that's all I have to go on. As for the country coming to a halt in snow there are two reasons for that. One is the school run, hoards of people who only drive a couple of miles to take their spawn to find out how to be insolent.
Two is the fact that we have so little snow and too many stupid people that drive in conditions that they have no experience of.
Mmm, pet hates thread......

I really hate people who drive everywhere without using indicators - particularly on round-abouts.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 12:36 PM

spacer

I didn't say THE best, I said some of the best. The British Army is currently armed and equipped better than most forces in the entire world. It's pretty silly to point out one problem with one piece of kit and say "Look, they're shit."

If you want embarrassing, look at troops who blow the holy fuck out of cars at roadblocks for no reason at all due to shit training and poor leadership...oh no, wait, that's the Americans. Of course, that's not actually embarrassing for them, because the only good Iraqi is a fucking dead one.

And of course soldiers nicked Iraqi boots, because A) They've been designed solely with the desert environment in mind, unlike British Army kit, which has to be able to cope with a massive variety of terrain and B) Soldiers will nick anything.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 12:43 PM

spacer

'NOW THEN, CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN R FA AN STD AN AT ...liycke' this is supposed to be a friendly site for friendly, intelligent discourse !! Play nicely and NO FIGHTING !!! (shame the yanks don't listen to that advice!) _ No I'm not getting dragged into that argument - sorry discusssion/issue/challenge/other p.c. description for the same word!!

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 06:44 PM

spacer

i dont know, i quite like the passion with which you guys converse!!! -ven if th topic is totally borring!

i HATE PEOPEL WHO CANT DRIVE PROPERLY! i mean ffs, indicate! give way when it tells you to, and dont over take me then hit a country lane and drive UNDER the bloody speed limit. if you cant drive DONT!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 07:02 PM

spacer

Most euipment used by the British Army was only designed for operations in Northern Europe (eg fighting off a Soviet invasion of Western Germany or invading France). The government is too tight to develop equipment that works in the deserts of the Middle East.

There was a sotry in the Daily Mail today that annoyed me. An unemployed man who shares his house with his wife, his girlfriend and most of his 14 children wants the local council to get him a bigger house because of the overcrowding.

He already lives in the biggest house his council has, but he blames them for his predicament. Are we to take it that the members of Derby council keep visiting his house and making love to his wife and girlfriend then?

His family also gets around £25,000 pa in benefits (tax free) and he still went on how he hates this country now because the council won't gie him a bigger house.

I am very sympathetic to anybody who has to live on benefits in this country, partly because the government makes claiming benefits to be as degrading as possible, but idiots like this really annoy me. He leads a totally irresponsible life, shucking out dozens of kids he can't afford to look after (number 15 is on the way and his dog is also pregnant) and then he thinks the state has an obligation to sort out the mess he causes.

Let's just say that if I was the head of his local council, I would solve the issue by castrating him and put all his children up for adoption. Or a child brothel if it works out cheaper for the Council

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 07:46 PM

spacer

peopel who want something...or in this case EVERYTING for nothing. when those actually workign there bums off get shat on from a great hight!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 07:55 PM

spacer

"It's the 21st century, you can't MAKE me use contraception."

It's a wonder he doesn't fall in and disappear when he's shagging her...

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 08:00 PM

spacer

maybe he ties an ahancor line round the girlfriend?

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2006 at 08:40 PM

spacer

He would still need his wife on hand to haul him out before he suffocates.

In Victorian times, his entire family would have been shoved in a workhouse. Today, his council will probably knock several terraced houses into one and increase council tax for everybody else in Derby.

Not all progress has been for the better.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 09:27 PM

spacer

Accounting Troll:

I think in issues like this it will become much worse before it improves. We make it so easy for them - in cases like this his children will all grow up like him and that multiply once again. What a sorry country this is.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 2 of 7 ): 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · · 7

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

87 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles