Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Films bullet Ones To Avoid
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 2 of 2 ): 1 · 2
Ones To Avoid

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 31, 2006 at 09:16 PM

spacer

Strangely mirroring 28 weeks Later, Dog Soldiers 2 also introduces Yanks into the previously British equation. Basically, it sounds like a rehash of the first film (cracking flick, by the way) only with Americans.

Wank.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 2, 2006 at 07:37 PM

spacer

Who's going to be the brave individual who reviews Basic Instint 2? Since Sharon Stone is now 48, methinks that the nudity isn't going to be the sort that people want to see. How many teenage boys are going to bother sneaking into the cinema when she tries to sensually remove her truss?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 3, 2006 at 08:43 AM

spacer

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 28, 2006 at 02:59 PM

spacer

I Am Legend. Classic vampire novel by Richard Matheson, probably an easy place in the top 5 vampire novels ever.
Loose adaptations became the films known as The Omega Man and The Last Man On Earth.

Fair enough.

Now, cue a new film version. Starring Will Smith. Will. Fucking. Smith.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249

Now, feel free to educate me here, but I seem to remember Robert Neville, protagonist of the novel, as being a white man. So can I ask, what the holy FUCK, exactly, is the point of changing the race of the protagonist? What effect does it have, on the film? That it shows a black man, struggling against the oppression of white vampires?

I mean, Jesus Christ on a fucking crutch, at least get a black man that can act! How hard is it to call Denzel fucking Washington?

And to add insult to injury, it's being directed by Francis "Fuck me, I directed Constantine and some music videos" Lawrence.

If you bought a copy of the book and shat copiously all over it, you would be much kinder to the source material, lads.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 29, 2006 at 08:43 AM

spacer

Can't say I've read the source material, but I shall heed your warning based on your graphic description

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 29, 2006 at 07:53 PM

spacer

It's the situation where I'm hoping that it's going to be good, but I just can't see how it could be. Smith plays the same person in all of his films. Himself.

He's cast because he's a big name. That's it. I can't even work out how they got from the intelligent, solitary character of Robert Neville...to Will Smith.

Excuse my bile spewing.

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 2 of 2 ): 1 · 2

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

8 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles