Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Films bullet Ones To Avoid
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2
Ones To Avoid

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 17, 2006 at 05:59 PM

spacer

Let me start this thread with 28 Weeks Later, a sequel to 28 Days Later. The original got critical acclaim, was directed by Danny Boyle and written by Alex Garland. No director yet, but Garland and Boyle are to co-produce 28WL (whoop de fucking do) and it features American forces turning up in the UK in an attempt to restart the country.

Quite frankly, I think this is going to be shit. There's going to be a crap anti-war parallel-with-the-Iraq-situation or it's just going to be plain old shit. The compulsive Hollywood need for remakes and sequels has soured me, and though some may see this as unwarranted negativity, I see it as mere common sense.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/

To quote Jim from 28DL "This is a really shit idea. You know why? Cause it's really obviously a shit idea."

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 17, 2006 at 06:26 PM

spacer

Anyone get the feeling they're all just going to get their brains munched on anyway in the way all zombie sequels do?

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 17, 2006 at 07:00 PM

spacer

US military turns up and everything goes wrong...that's an original idea, alright.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 07:27 AM

spacer

Well at least it's true to life in that respect

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 01:19 PM

spacer

Pete: Well at least it's true to life in that respect

Not unless innocent by-standers/allies were killed in large numbers.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 05:55 PM

spacer

I imagine the end of the movie will involve carpet-bombing large and random areas and prove me right

•  

Black Bile the Pirate ( 7 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 07:06 PM

spacer

Pete: I imagine the end of the movie will involve carpet-bombing large and random areas and prove me right

Now I might not be all a knowin' about these things but to me fallin' carpets aint gonna do a lot of damage, what he needs is a two feet mortar. Ahh harr.

To Hang me, they's gotta find me, an' only this salty sea dog aknows who I is.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 07:17 PM

spacer

I recently brought the DVD of 28 Days Later, and I can't figure out why the film was so successful as it was just a rehash of Survivors with a few zombies and some REALLY bad science thrown in for good measure.

In 28 Days Later, one of the characters said that there had been outbreaks in New York and Paris, so how come the the Americans are able to sort out the situation in Britain if the disease has managed to establish itself in America?

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 07:29 PM

spacer

Because they're THAT fucking good!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 18, 2006 at 08:19 PM

spacer

Well, the infection reaching Paris and NY was either propaganda by the media to convince people not to bother trying to flee the infection, or there were cases of infection abroad, but thanks to the geographic seclusion of the UK, the spread was minimal and easily contained.

If you think about the speed and communicability of Rage, it has a lot of potential to burn itself out. Only the hardiness of the infected ensures it spreads.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 19, 2006 at 09:45 AM

spacer

If it burns itself out, the Americans are going to be REALLY dissapointed when they can't lob missiles at anybody

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 19, 2006 at 01:20 PM

spacer

I'm sure they'll find someone to shoot at.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 19, 2006 at 08:56 PM

spacer

Wait until Dubya finds out that the current president of France is Jacques chIRAC. That's close enough for him to get the stealth bombers out

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 20, 2006 at 08:12 PM

spacer

An American remake of the great Korean film Oldboy.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0425320/

Directed by the same bloke who's doing the third Fast & Furious film, with Mel Gibson rumoured to star. I am in Hell. Please feel free to gouge out my eyes with red-hot screwdrivers.

Please.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 5, 2006 at 08:42 PM

spacer

A WONDERFUL remake of The wicker Man. Great stuff, Hollywood!

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0450345/

"Oh wow, a foreign film! Let's strip the good stuff out, pack it with filler and set it here in America." Film Executive #1.
"Good thinking. Have a Ferrari." Film Executive #2.

Starring Nicholas fucking Cage. Why not cast someone who can act, boys?

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

33 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles