Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet My Name Is Earl
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
My Name Is Earl

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 01:46 PM

spacer

Been seeing teaser trailers for this on Channel 4 in the UK for the past few weeks.

I personally think Jason Lee is genius in every role I've seen him in, from Mallrats to Dreamcatchers. I'm sure this is partly because wirters keep writing material that plays to his strengths and style (ever-sarcastic and more intelligent than his characters appear on the outside) but who cares?

Wasn't sure about the 'tache or the plot of him going down the whole Karma route and having to undo 200-and-some-odd past bad karmic experiences to be at one with the universe again, but it was pretty damned funny!

With another genius bit of casting in the form of Ethan Suplee (also of Mallrats fame) and the psycho ex-wife that I'm sure will be following him around in every episode, this off-beat comedy looks set to be a hit... with me at least. Time will tell for the rest of the UK. Definitely a good choice by Channel 4 though - their buyers and management have FAR better taste than BBC Three for the most part (I'd have rated them perfect if it wasn;t for the inexcusable purchase of Friends all those years ago which leaves me subjected to it on a daily basis...)

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 02:11 PM

spacer

Ah, right. I thought it was a flick. I do think Lee is a funny bloke, I hope he gets the lead in some superhero film. I think that'd be great, Jason Lee as the Human Torch...no, wait, they've fucked that up already.

Never mind.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 7, 2006 at 02:25 PM

spacer

Nah, t'is a series but the downside is that at 35 minutes (5 mins for adverts dammit!) it's almost frustratingly short.

On the other hand, I don't think it could neccessarily stretch to 45 minutes or an hour and still be as good. Short, but sweet.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

19 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles