Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Mystery Men
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet DVDs bullet Piracy Warnings.
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 2 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3
Piracy Warnings.

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 20, 2005 at 03:44 PM

spacer

Hahaha, I can't believe that they are actually trying to associate piracy to terrorism?, that's indeed hilarious I've seen the FBI warnings "Blah blah is against the law, blah, blah", but never seen those!

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 20, 2005 at 04:07 PM

spacer

This sort of thing:

http://xo.typep...d_terrorism.jpg

I won't point out the irony that the silhouetted weapon is an M16, the main weapon of the US infantry since Vietnam. Great work, chaps.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 20, 2005 at 05:00 PM

spacer

I remember having a conversation a while back - you can just imagine Osama with his life support machine or whatever sitting in a cave saying something like "Only 3,000 more copies of Pirates of the Caribbean to sell before we can afford our very own tank, and then the world shall tremble at our presence!"

Anyone else think there's something wrong with that picture?

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

Ki-tat Chung ( 12 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 24, 2005 at 01:40 AM

spacer

Get this, my friend recently bought a DVD burner, and set off copying his friend's DVD's, and has come accross a hidden piracy message. In the burnet copy, some time into the movie, about half way though, a red devil, pitchfork and all, comes up and keeps saying how bad piracy is.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 24, 2005 at 10:01 AM

spacer

That's just... weird.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 8, 2006 at 08:11 PM

spacer

I notice the size of the BBFC certificates on the front of game cases has also increased. Not that that's a piracy issue, it's a censorship thing. Silence, my poor brain.

•  

Black Bile the Pirate ( 7 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 11, 2006 at 01:36 PM

spacer

Ha harr, that's wot I likes, piracy!

To Hang me, they's gotta find me, an' only this salty sea dog aknows who I is.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 3, 2006 at 12:24 PM

spacer

On a related note, what the holy fuck is the point of that little bit of descriptive text next to the BBFC rating?

Example from my Night Watch DVD:

Contains strong violence, horror and language.

Oh no! It contains language? Won't somebody think of the children?! Obviously here I'm just taking the piss out of extremely poor sentence construction, but you see my point. If you've only got a small amount of space to explain what the film contains, perhaps you should do it clearly.

From Kung Fu Hustle:

Contains strong violence.

Er, no it doesn't. The BBFC rating is a 15, and the violence is never graphic. It's quite caricatured, if anything, and obviously unrealistic. Idiots.

What's the point of putting this text on the back? Are you going to let your 12-yeard-old watch a 15 if it has violence and swearing, but no sex? Because that's illegal (and quite twisted, I might add. Censoring sex while allowing violence and bad language is retarded). If you're the kind of person that lets someone watch a film when they are under age (and I think most of us are, within reason) then you're not going to care what it contains (sex, violence, drug use, swearing etc).

If you aren't, then you're not going to let that under age person watch it whatever it contains.

However, most pathetic description ever goes to Ice Age 2:

Contains mild adventure peril, language and innuendo.

How can peril be MILD?

Peril - noun - great danger or jeopardy.

Here's a hint, BBFC. Don't use words when you don't know what they mean, okay?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 17, 2007 at 01:01 AM

spacer

http://www.flic...6956&size=o

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 20, 2007 at 09:01 AM

spacer

FullAuto: http://www.flic...6956&size=o

Innocent until proven guilty eh? Hmmm I think not

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 28, 2007 at 12:53 PM

spacer

We need to find somewhere that will print these on the front of t-shirts - it's genius!

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 4, 2007 at 06:33 PM

spacer

We have the copyright though eh? This thing could get big!!!

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 7, 2007 at 04:17 PM

spacer

Er, what if someone Pirates them?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 9, 2007 at 12:35 PM

spacer

Hmm the blagards!! We'll hang em from the yard arm!!!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 15, 2007 at 06:48 AM

spacer

We'll add text to the back "Please do not pirate this T-shirt."

That'll teach those pirates.

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 2 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

39 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles