Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet Games bullet Sound Of Silence
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 2 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3
Sound Of Silence

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 10:18 AM

spacer

I'm with FA - if it's WWII then it should be correct, there is no need to mix the two.

I particularly loath WWII games that put the Americans in places they never were.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 11:12 AM

spacer

Thankfully not a problem with this game, as A) It's based wholly in the European theatre, and B) There's only a few Yank characters in the game, and your main character can be Brit, Russian or Yank, it's up to you.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 01:15 PM

spacer

Then I can't wait - where the hell is that postman?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 09:25 PM

spacer

silvertongedevil: Then I can't wait - where the hell is that postman?

Screwing the wife next door. What else?

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 11:10 PM

spacer

Another thing I like is that the game is European made, so the people that were in WWII are represented, for once. The Polish, Norwegians, Canadians, Spanish, French, Yugoslavians, etc. None of which get a look in most of the time.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 23, 2006 at 08:25 AM

spacer

I seem to remember Hidden & Dangerous was like that, though I only played the first two and not to the conclusion due to a million bugs.

Slaughter: Due to the change of the postal system, if he's screwing her she will have to be the correct weight as well as him having the correct size for the slot!!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 23, 2006 at 04:45 PM

spacer

Indeed - it's most amusing. Those businesses sending a few sheets of A4 will be really panicking until they realise A5 envelopes and an office temp to fold the letters are cheaper than A4 envelopes over the course of the year anyway.

Seriously though, just to piss everyone off the limit for a normal first class stamp is something like 34cm long and 16 cm wide. Howsabout I just get a normal A4 envelope and fold it in half along the length. Job's a good'un.

Royal Mail, you're going all Consignia on us again and once again you will lose absolute MILLIONS!

Ahem. Had a small gripe with this as you can tell

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 24, 2006 at 09:11 AM

spacer

And not only that, six months down the line they will have to put it all back the way it was.

The game is excellent chaps, a bit odd to start with but I played it most of last night - quite addictive. Yeah, the accents and the comments are a bit tongue in cheek but I love the way the grass and the flowers move as troops walk past them.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 24, 2006 at 09:36 AM

spacer

Glad to hear it. I love some of the exclamations they come up iwth.

"My weapon is naked!", "I am causing injury!" etc.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 25, 2006 at 11:19 PM

spacer

If the sci-fi elements of a game set in WWII bother you, just remember that we never did get to the bottom of the aeriel phenonemon called Foo Fighters.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 26, 2006 at 12:38 PM

spacer

I think amphetamines were the culprit there. Being constantly off your tits on Dexedrine would make you see all sorts, never mind UFOs.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 26, 2006 at 01:51 PM

spacer

And FA would know...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 26, 2006 at 02:04 PM

spacer

Hey, I hardly had any of those pills.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 07:17 PM

spacer

Why isn't the news updated when a new article is added?

Oh, and I haven't sent this to news sites because it's to be posted at SC.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 07:22 PM

spacer

Probably because it already gets one thread as soon as the article is up. It already shows on the front page, too, so having a new article appear in two places on one page might be a bit over the top.

I'm just guessing, mind.

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 2 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

40 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles