Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet Games bullet Gaming Youth Tycoon
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Gaming Youth Tycoon

Article Bot ( 64 ) · Group: Site Bots · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 10:23 AM

spacer

It would've made a great game if it was real, although on some level it actually was, back in the days of Sid Meier and Chris Sawyer, when they captured the imagination of a generation of young gamers...Pete discovers how an empire was built, rose to glory, tripped, stumbled, fell and plummetted into the abyss that is bad gaming.

Discuss the full article - Gaming Youth Tycoon by Pete below...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 12:35 PM

spacer

I confess, I never actually played this. Though what happened has been repeated many many times to many games in pretty much every genre. It's a sad story, alright.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 12:38 PM

spacer

I played them but I have mixed feelings about them. The Transport Tycoon had 'quaint' bits to it but only if you played it without competitors. It wasn't great but at the time it was okay for a day or so.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 06:49 PM

spacer

It's certainly getting a new lease of life multiplayer wise. I also like the way that to achieve all the new multiplayer options with OpenTTD and the other recent modifications, they didn't just try to re-code the game to make it work better - they actually rebuilt it from scratch and imported the graphics sets

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 07:28 PM

spacer

I'm in the process of obtaining TTD now. Looks like it's worth a try, at least.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 07:38 PM

spacer

Beware the cheery tunes on the jukebox, they will suck you in!

Also, a word of warning! Your eyes may start to go REALLY bloodshot after much mroe than 30 minutes of play. This game just wasn't designed for monitors over 15 inches.

I freaked my family out a few months back as there was very little whiteness in my eyes after four hours of play, although I plan to do this again around Halloween and freak out small children in my neighbourhood.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

121 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles