The Last Outpost Forums ( http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/ )More Lies

Source: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=288

silvertongedevil | March 8, 2006 at 06:40 PM

The Prime Minister of Britain has just stated. "No one in this country believes that the NHS is worse now than nine years ago."

I've got news for you - lying bastard. I do.
I think the NHS is worse now than it ever has been. I can't remember having to worry what I'll do if I need dental treatment. I can't remember old people starving in hospitals in previous years. Neither can I remember people going to hospital for general treatment only yo die soon after from a disease caught due to the uncleanliness of the wards.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 9, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Oh I can't believe my eyes/ears - how can you possibly insinuate that Mr Blurr would tell fibs - *shock horror* I know of plenty of people who are happy with their treatment with the NHS, (mainly BUPA patients using NHS equipment, staff and beds)
Oh the cynicism!!!

FullAuto | March 11, 2006 at 03:10 AM

Worse than it has ever been may be an exaggeration, but it certainly hasn't improved much. There have been a lot of mistakes made, and pumping funds into a war certainly hasn't helped.

Pete | March 11, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Ban smoking full stop, money saved, problem alleviated slightly.

Why should patients suffer because of those who are taking up all the beds and doctors in an attempt to kill themselves?

The admittance form should have a tickbox for smokers whereupon if it's ticked they get shown the door.

I know that's not the anser to everything, but if it saves even one life that's worth saving, it's worth it.

FullAuto | March 11, 2006 at 11:18 AM

Well, the next logical step after that is banning alcohol. Which no one is going to try for fear of causing a revolution.

Accounting Troll | March 15, 2006 at 10:13 PM

The government justifies the high taxes it levies on alcohol and tobacco by pointing to the social costs, such as paying for their hospital treatment.

Anyway, chain smokers are national heroes. Their determinism to smoke themselves to death before reaching retirement age alleviates the pension crisis caused by Labour taxing the private pension funds.

There is a reason why tens of thousands of people are dying each year from infections caught while in hospital. The Tories privatised the hospital cleaning services, which are now contracted out to the lowest bidder. Costs are kept low by not giving the cleaners the time they need to do a proper job.

Although it was a Tory idea, Labour are no better because they've had nearly nine years to reverse the privatisation of hospital cleaning services.

silvertongedevil | March 16, 2006 at 09:22 AM

I always wondered about the local authority 'cheaper is better' strategy until I had to do a job for them and in fact it is actually 'best value'. I guess to the hordes of local authority automatons this means the same thing.

Ivory | March 28, 2006 at 08:48 AM

its ok, they ll just penny pinch else where to cover up there own mistakes! someone should of sent those guys to school so they could atleast work out the bare maths of the money situation!

TopSource: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=288